Feeling frazzled? Sometimes it’s the small stuff that chips away at our productivity. Changing one little thing can have a big pay off, if you choose well. This week I’ve been working on #3 – it’s been great! (As for number #4, well, I’m a big fan of that, even on a bad week.)
1. Pick one work related task that’s been annoying you lately. You know the one that every time you do it you faff around trying to do it efficiently. Stop and figure out how to create a system that’ll smooth things over. Can you automate it? Template it?
2. Take stretch breaks every hour or so. Just a minute or two, it’ll pay off. Can you stick to it for a week, just to see if you feel better?
3. Exercise before work. Yes, before work, so the results give you a boost throughout the whole day, not in the evening when you’re lying on the couch. (Although evening exercise may mean you send in some seriously smart tweets during ABC’s Q&A. Hmmm.)
4. Make a list. Cross stuff off. I’m telling you, if you’re a tad Type A personality (like moi), there’s nothing like it.
5. Stuck? Phone a friend for advice. Seriously, you don’t have to figure everything out yourself.
6. Knock off work on time. It’s amazing what having a life outside of work does for your motivation levels when you are working.
7. Eat lunch. And breakfast. Probably not in that order. (Healthy) food is medicine for the brain.
What did you pick? Or do you have any others to add to the list? Share them in the comments below.