Wondering how to improve your writing skills at work? My tailored writing coaching will help you significantly improve your writing within a few sessions.
These sessions are tailored to you. We might refine documents, look at strategies to improve your writing, talk about how to make the writing process easier, or go through examples of your writing and edit them together so you can see how to improve them.
In these sessions you not only get the benefit of my ten years as a journalist, but the ten years prior to that working as a communications specialist and advising companies on brand, storytelling and all things words.
How I can help your improve your writing skills
Do you find writing at work a challenge? If you are unsure where to start or spend countless hours constructing simple documents, then a session with me on ‘writing at work’ may be for you. I can help you hone in on the weak points in your business writing, so that you can write effective business documents more quickly and make the writing process more enjoyable.
I currently offer two types of business writing mentoring.
1. Writing at work – Private mentoring (offsite, 1:1 coaching)
- 50 minute private coaching session aimed at pinpointing and solving the weaknesses in your writing.
- Conducted over the phone or via Skype.
- Upload up to three documents for me to look over and discuss during the session.
- Cost: $275 (incl. GST).
- To book a “Writing at work – Private mentoring (offsite) 1:1 session” please refer to mentoring bookings and follow the steps.
2. Writing at work – Private mentoring (onsite 1:1 coaching)
- A series of face-to-face (individual) sessions at your place of work on the same day.
- Taught in a block of four hours onsite mentoring for up to five staff members (each staff member has an individual session).
- Each staff member is individually mentored by me for between 45 and 60 mins (depending on total number of staff included in training – you decide).
- Analysis of up to three documents per staff member (bring these on a laptop or hard copy to the session) for me to look over and discuss with you. DO NOT send them before the session.
- Note: Your company will be responsible for organising a training room and booking each employee into a time slot within the four hour period. I will simply arrive and be ready to work with whomever is seated in front of me.
- Cost: $1100 (plus GST).
- To book a “Writing at work – Private mentoring (onsite) 1:1 session” email me or phone me.
If you’d like to hone your writing in a group environment, the Australian Writers’ Centre offers a variety of different business writing courses that are economical and well designed. I highly recommend them. In fact, I teach the centre’s excellent Professional Business Writing course (runs monthly at the centre in Sydney). I can also teach this course at your workplace if you’d like to put your own group together. Just ask the Australian Writers’ Centre for a quote.